Friday, December 17, 2010

Wedding Gown Designs

I don't have a sure idea of what my wedding gown would be like. We've visited two bridal shops in SS2, but the gowns were not to my liking. Will probably scout for more over the weekend, one I sort my schedule out. 


Wedding shops tend to recycle their gowns; I spotted two brides wearing the same dress on their big day a few months back! I don't want to be walking down the aisle for someone to go, "Hey, that's the same dress I wore for my wedding!" Or "I saw someone else wear this dress last month...".


While I don't quite know what I want in a wedding dress (I keep changing my mind every half an hour!!), I know what I don't want. I don't think I will be going for halter dresses, as I prefer leaving my shoulders bare. Unless there's a very-nice-can-die halter wedding gown that flatters me, I'm sticking to tube dresses or dresses that flatters my shoulders.


I'm not very large in frame, so my dress cannot drown me -- the design has to be fairly simple. But I also want a long and *maybe* elaborate train...don't know if that's possible. 


Saw a few designs on the net and these are the few I can live with so far. Of course, none of them are perfect. I hope I can combine the designs (bits and pieces that I like) and create my idea of a perfect gown. Sigh...if only I can find the perfect ready made gown that isn't recycled to death. That would be so much easier!




This is my favourite gown so far -- upper body wise. I like the criss-cross detailing at the back, and the gathers would probably flatter my figure. Not so keen on the train though. It's too short! I wonder if the dress maker can lengthen the train...




I like the train design for this gown but not where it starts. It would look nicer if it started around my hips, since I don't like dresses that shortens my torso. 




This dress looks very sweet, but I really don't like the flower at the waist. But if I were to remove the flower, the dress might be too plain. Maybe a sash (like the Vera Wang dress in the movie Brides War) would do the trick. But I not sure if I want purple. Gold, maybe. 





This is my mum's favourite of the lot. But I don't like the bottom half. Feels too Cinderalla-ish. The only thing missing is a pair of glass slippers. 


Arghh...I need a wedding planner! The one I want is on holiday...and will only be back in January. While waiting for her, she asked me to decide on my theme, dress ideas...flower arrangement...etc. *stress*

7 comments:

  1. Have you consider tailor make your gown? That Special Occasion in Desa Sri Hartamas is very good. I made my gown there and recommended many friends to them. All of them were very happy with gowns. They make gorgeous gowns but won't break an arm or leg.

    As for wedding planner, try this planner. http://www.jovitalo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia,

    Thank you for your recommendation. I will be contacting the planner to find out more. :)

    As for the gowns, I have considered making my own. But it's quite costly. A lot of bridal houses offer good packages, that's why I'm searching high and low for the best package and prettiest gowns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Kris from That Special Occasion, they are not that expensive. :D You can also opt to purchase pre-owned gowns from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amelia! Will check out That Special Occasion and see what they have.

    Jovita just emailed me her packages. Looks pretty good, but I'm still waiting for two other wedding planners to get back to me before I decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cools! Jovita is very nice. My gf had her as a wedding planner and really took a lot of stress away since my gf was based in London.

    Take things slowly and keep the communication channel open all the time. It's not just your wedding but your soon-to-be hubby's too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I will. He's also giving quite a bit of input. He decided on the theme even before he proposed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Came across your blog and I find it pretty interesting and informative. Would you mind sharing which bridal shop you went to in SS2 that you think it's not good? Also, which wedding planner you ended with?

    Thanks & regards,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete