Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wedding Band (Part 2)

Vera sent me this website to look at for wedding band designs (thank you sweetie!). Here are a few designs that look quite decent to me. Not sure what Wei Jien thinks of these though.

I like the guy band for this design, but the girl's one is a bit too masculine. It's not a design I would jump at and say, "Oh my gawd....this is it!!", but it is something I would consider if the jeweler can 'soften' the look and make the band thinner for me...

The overlapping design for this wedding band looks pretty nice, but I don't want something this 'twisted.' Maybe a straight band with a tiny bit of overlapping would be nice. Wei Jien probably wouldn't like the guy band. It's plain boring, and he doesn't want his ring to have an "unconventional" shape. LOL


Okay...I know I keep coming back to this type of design. It looks like a Tiffany design, but I think the original Tiffany version has softer edges -- the ring looks more feminine and it's more princess-like. I find the prong for this ring a bit too big...meaning the diamonds wouldn't shine much. ~_~ 




This pair comes with the wedding date engraved in roman numerals. The guy band has a matte finish, and the girl's has round small diamonds along half the band. I don't think I want the roman numerals engraving, probably just our names...

This is a CORONA wedding band in platinum, with 7 diamonds from Bvlgari. It looks simple, but it could also look elegant with the engagement ring. A polished finish for this would be nice...not a matte one.


6 comments:

  1. Hmm.. i like the second last pair... LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one. I noticed most of my guy friends like the second last pair too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sue, as a jeweler myself, i always suggest polished type instead of matte. it is easier to maintain. cheers! :) congratulations to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joan, for the tip! Will make sure I get a polished finish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. Wedding bands Ireland

    ReplyDelete