Monday, December 6, 2010

The Proposal

Every 2nd of the month, Wei Jien and I would celebrate our monthly anniversary. One of the places we often go for dinner is Latest Recipe at Le Meridien.

“Have you made reservations for tonight?” I asked.

He told me not to worry, as he has taken care of everything. I didn’t suspect anything, because he picked me up straight from work, still clad in his office wear. We alighted from the escalator and as I was about to enter Latest Recipe, he pulled me to the left...into Prime!

“I feel like having a good steak tonight,” he reasoned. In his hand, was a paper bag, with my belated birthday present.


8oz Imperial Wagyu cube roll with bone marrow creme brulee and roasted root vegetables



He gave me my gift after I finished dessert. I opened the paper bag excitedly, and got this.....


Giving me a gadget for a gift is like giving a child a carrot stick when what he/she really wants is an ice cream. I starred at the gift, sorely disappointed.

When I looked up, there he was looking all nervous, holding a ring...asking me to marry him. I said "Yes", and he slipped this beautiful ring on my finger.

November 2, 2010 will be a day we remember for the rest of our lives, and Prime will always be a restaurant close to our hearts. Question is...how and where should we start with the wedding planning?


5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue Lynn! What you mean by monthly anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our anniversary is 2nd July. So monthly anniversary would mean every 2nd of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats bangsar babe ! Hv been following your blog for quite some time !>.happy journey-ing into ur next phase of life !cheers

    ReplyDelete