Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wedding To-Do-List

I’ve secured the photographers for the tea ceremony and wedding dinner. We’ve decided on the hotel and the wedding dinner is set for 19 November 2011. As for bridal gowns/bridal studios, I’m open to suggestions. As long as they don’t have “VIP” charges and provide decent wedding photography, I’m happy.

Picture credit: google.com

These are the items/services I’m looking for. Any recommendations? Preferably something affordable, as rif and I are on a budget (and we only have one kidney to spare...).


  1. Wedding planner (I’m not very organised, so a wedding planner is a must. My parents insist on one too!) *edit July 25, 2011: ADAMAS Weddings
  2. Flowers *edit September 30, 2011: Garden of Senses
  3. Bridal Studio *edit July 25, 2011: La Sposa
  4. Wedding gown, evening gown, cheongsam... *edit August 2011: Venetian Bridal Studio
  5. Suit (Wei Jien isn’t fussy about his suits, but I am) *edit August 2011: De Catano
  6. Make-up artist *edit September 2011: Jamie Liew
  7. Hair-stylist *edit September 2011: Jamie Liew
  8. Wedding favours
  9. Invitation cards *edit July 25, 2011: Card design finalised. Wedding monogram completed.
  10. Veil *edit August 2011: Venetian Bridal Studio
  11. Manicurist *edit October 2011: Glitters, Bangsar Village II
  12. Alcohol supplier *edit August 2011: Tong Woh
  13. Food catering for the tea ceremony
  14. Wedding bands *edit August 2011: groom - Love & Co, custom design for bride's wedding band
  15. Emcee (To my friends...anyone wants to volunteer?)
  16. Videographer *edit July 25, 2011: Nigel Sia
  17. Wedding shoes *edit July 25, 2011: Rockin' Reptiles
  18. Bridesmaid dresses
  19. Jewellery/costume jewellery (Something simple would be great. I'm not a fan of elaborate jewelry) *edit September 2011: Mori Pin
  20. Tiara (Ok, I’m vain. I don’t want a big tiara -- just a mini one to complement the gown) *edit July 23, 2011: Courtesy of Christy from Bangkok
  21. Venue for ROM/engagement party *edit June 1, 2011: Venue has been secured. Location will be revealed when the time comes.  

If you have any recommendations/offer any of the above, email me at bangsarbabe@gmail.com

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. i think if you hire a wedding planner, he/she will take care of everything.. you can just relax and choose and make the final decisions..

    try fit&match at the curve for suit.. the tailor ron is very helpful.. =)

    and tiffany owns simple elegant designs for both engagement ring and wedding band.. the klcc outlet is the best still.. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the planning! It's tedious but it's fun at the same time :)

    And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YT - You're right about the tedious part. Fingers crossed it will turn out good. ;)

    amrsvr - Tiffany mahal la. I don't think we can afford something that pricey. I'd probably get a jeweler to make a tiffany-inspired wedding band. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. go to my friends shop http://mybridalgown.blogspot.com/ for affordable dresses custom made to fit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete