Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Marriage Preparation Course (Part 5)

Keeping Love Alive - What is your love language?
In my wedding vow to Wei Jien, I promised be his confidant. That was after learning how important it is to be a friend to your spouse. Friends confide in each other, spend time together and have conversations together. Wei Jien was first my friend, before we started dating, so naturally, we shared a lot of common interests together.


We'd go for food trips, mini vacations, coffee sessions, window shopping and watch TV series. During the fifth session of TMPC, we learnt about love languages and how each individual has a different love language. Often, our love language is different from our partner's so we need to understand that and take the effort to show it often.


For me, my love languages are "time" and "words". I feel happy when Wei Jien spends time with me and talks to me. I also love compliments and words of encouragement. Wei Jien's love languages are "touch" and "words". He likes receiving hugs and kisses, as well as words of encouragement and praise.


And in every strong marriages, sex plays an important role. Putting aside one night stands and random shag buddies, sex is communication at the deepest level. It is an expression of love within the marriage. I learnt that the key to a good sexual relationship is to talk about it -- your expectations, your thoughts and your problems (if any). Sex isn't a race or a competition. Every marriage is unique, so never compare yourselves with another couple.


This session made me realise that Wei Jien knows me better than I know myself -- he always knew that my love language was time. And he makes an effort to spend as much time as he can with me. :)

2 comments:

  1. read all parts from 1 to 5. very well said and words taken ;) congrats to you and newly wedded husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,

    This course helps you learn what it takes to build a successful marriage, and it will help you develop and practice relationship skills to sustain a healthy marriage. Marriage courses offer fun activities and create opportunities to share and talk. Finishing this course together gives you the perfect opportunity to talk about those important topics that you need to discuss before getting married. Thanks a lot....

    Christianity

    ReplyDelete