Monday, February 14, 2011

Wedding Emcee

I initially had an emcee for our wedding dinner. A friend of mine offered to be my emcee as a wedding gift. I agreed, because he's quite a good emcee. I spoke to the wedding planner's assistant and gave his contact number to her.

A week later, the assistant called and told me he wasn't very happy that he was required to sign an agreement. See (if what she told me was completely unbiased), she asked him for his full name & details to draft the agreement. He found it very insulting, as it was his wedding gift to me.

I understand his point and feel bad that he got hurt (I overlooked this matter) -- he saw it as lack of trust from my side. I however intended for it to be a reminder of my wedding day, as he constantly travels out of the country for work. Oh well, the damage has been done and I've lost my emcee and quite possible, a friend. :(

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should communicate with your friend and help him understand your standpoint. Apologize if you need to.

    Not worth losing a friend over this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June - :(

    YT - I tried, and I'm still trying. He's still ignoring me...

    ReplyDelete