Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ROM - Marriage Registration

Wei Jien and I were told that we would need to spend about RM7,000 if we want to have the ROM in my house garden. That's way too expensive as we're only prepared to pay RM1,500 for the ROM!


House Garden ROM (picture credit: Wedding Guide Asia)



Hotel Garden ROM (picture credit: Wedding Guide Asia)




Wei Jien's sister's Indoor Garden Wedding @ The Royale Chulan


It's going to be a small do with our closest friends and family (40-50 people). The RM7,000 includes flowers, food & beverage and a small tent just in case the weather god decides to give us a wedding shower.


I'm thinking of this type of flower deco for my ROM...(hopefully it's economical) :)


We discussed this with a few friends and worked out a reasonable cost for an ROM party. Assuming we serve some light refreshments/brunch (RM30-35 per pax), it should only cost us RM1,200 (RM1,500 max). I doubt we can afford to make it an alcoholic ROM, although I would love for it to be one.

We also realized that choosing a bare venue
(like my garden) would require more work and money to dress the place up. It's a different scenario if we opt for a hotel ROM, as the package would already include decorations. I've emailed a few hotels and restaurants, and am currently waiting for them to revert with their packages.


Martha Stewart tea tin centrepieces (pictures from google.com)


At the rate this goes, I'm worried we won't be able to have the ROM we want, as our tight budget does not permit. But I can't stand the thought of going to Putrajaya to register our marriage…

Anyone has a solution for this? Good venue suggestions maybe? I would love a garden/poolside ROM.

9 comments:

  1. I thought ROM is just ROM ...
    LMAO .. didn't know that it's such a big do as most chinese family concentrate more on the traditional weddings instead of the ROM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just spotted your blog yesterday, love so much...
    Can't provide you with any good suggestion, but hope can get some sharing from you.
    I also love to have garden/beach ROM/wedding, but don't know my budget will allow me to do so or not...Hope you can do it and share with us...hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the below few should be not bad...may be already in ur list....
    HOTEL EQUATORIAL BANGI-PUTRAJAYA
    Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa
    Putrajaya Marriott Hotel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did my ROM in Melbourne for about AUD1800. This included wine, finger food and decorations for a guest list of 60. Dollar for dollar, I believe that it should be possible to achieve in Malaysia =)

    What I did was, I had the ROM done in a restaurant of my choice. The interior of the restaurant matched my theme, which was awesome =) Booked up the place for the evening, and had the restaurant cater for the finger food of the day.

    Decorations such as flowers, candles and all were all bought by suppliers/florists or small shops outside (much much cheaper) and than beautified on our own. Get close friends to help out with that. This would give your ROM a very intimate kind of feeling. I did, and everything came out perfect =)

    Most restaurants would not mind giving you their venue for the day, at a minimum price. Hope this helps, and all the best in planning your first step together as one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hie...cyberview is popular for their garden. another one i heard of is tamarind springs but quite exp.

    saw ur photo of the royale chulan. do they actually do indoor garden wedding? is it exp?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yiin jee - Yeah Cyberview is popular, but the food isn't very good. Don't know about Tamarind Spring.s

    Yes, Royale Chulan does indoor garden weddings. It's affordable. If I'm not mistaken, a table starts from RM1,288. :)

    shirley - Thanks shirley! Will definitely heed your advice when I'm planning my ROM. :D

    Sherine - Yup, they are on my list. But all a bit overpriced. Wei Jien and I don't have much budget de. :'(

    I actually like Passion Road. The place is really nice but it can only fit 100 pax and I'm not sure what the price range is like.

    Michael - We're doing a mix of Western and traditional wedding ma. So ROM is Western lor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holiday Inn KL Glenmarie
    Free parking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi hi, have you considered having your ROM at GD right before your wedding dinner?? That way, u might save on decor and can have booze (pre dinner drinks after the ROM).......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank for your sharing. Very good information and Inspiring & Interesting.

    Rentalwala provides services As a Marriage Party Garden on rent company in India and wedding party garden for rent India.

    Visit us : Marriage Garden On Rent

    ReplyDelete