Monday, March 28, 2011

Wedding Update (28 March 2011)

Things were not so smooth-sailing for our wedding planning (hotel issue), but I managed to get a few things sorted out. Those include deciding on my bridal gowns, theme, colour, video concept and make-up artist/hair stylist.


Kien Ling, my wedding planner accompanied me to the bridal studio to confirm the gowns I want for the pre-wedding shoot. Fiona (the bridal studio's dress consultant) was most helpful and accommodating. She was super patient with my pickiness and her recommendations were pretty spot-on. Fiona spent more than 1 hour convincing me that the can-can dress would look suit me, but I refused to listen. Kien Ling too, tried persuading me to ‘just try and see’. When I finally tried it on, I liked what I saw.


I’ve decided on my bridal gowns for the pre-wedding photography as well as THE gown I will be using on the actual day. It was the only gown that made me go, “Wow. This is it. There’s no other dress like this one”. I won’t be revealing the gowns until the time comes, so you’ll have to wait. :)


As for our ROM, I have chosen and purchased my dress. Actually, it was rif who choose it for me and we’re both pretty pleased with it. You’ll see it when I post pictures of my ROM this coming October 8. I’m pretty excited about it, as my videographer Nigel Sia will be also be documenting it on video.


Wei Jien’s mother has already bought me my wedding kebaya. She scouted for it in KL, before taking me there the next day to try it on. I’m glad we didn’t spend much on it – only RM200 for the kebaya top and silk cloth.

His mum will be making me a pair of Nyonya beaded slippers. She showed me a few designs and colours, before helping me choose the right one to match my wedding kebaya. Honestly, I would prefer that she didn’t make them, as they require a lot of work.

I hope my hairstylist can do this for me! 

I’m still not sure of the hairstyle I want for the ROM and actual day. But I know for sure it’s not going to be an updo. I hated the hairstyles given to me during both Miss Universe Malaysia 2008 and 2010. Those updos made me look like an auntie. I’m thinking of letting it down, with soft curls at the end. Or maybe have half my hair up to hold the tiara/veil properly. I’ll talk to my stylist about this, and let him (yes, it’s a he) decide for me.
Horrible make-up and hairstyle during Miss Universe Malaysia 2010

Miss Malaysia Universe 2008 -- hated the make-up and hair too

I actually like this hairstyle, but I'm worried it might make my face look rounder. ~_~

No comments:

Post a Comment