Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pre-wedding Photoshoot: Missing Wedding Dress!

I thought I had the pre-wedding photoshoot all planned out. I booked the dresses I wanted, prepared the face ampoules for both Wei Jien and I, coloured my hair, scheduled for my manicure and pedicure session a day before the photoshoot and booked the restaurant of my choice for the outdoor photoshoot. Everything was going according to plan...until I got a phone call from my bridal studio at 5.30pm today (Tuesday, July 5, 2011).


My Lace Wedding Gown

"Sue Lynn ah, I have something to tell you. But please don't be angry," said Fiona, the bridal shop assistant. "The lace gown you reserved for the pre-wedding isn't available," she said, nervously. Apparently, a customer who rented the same gown before me took it to the US, and couldn't bring it back on time for MY pre-wedding photo shoot. She was scheduled to bring it back a week before my shoot, but due to some god-knows-what emergency, she couldn't do so. 


I almost popped a vein!

"What the hell am I going to do without my dress?!!" I replied. All Fiona could do was to apologize repeatedly. I was pissed that this happened, and of all people, TO ME! That was my favourite dress of the 4 dresses I selected, and it had to be the one missing. "I'm not going to try on other gowns! This is the bridal studio's fault. FIX THE PROBLEM!!" I hollered. I was furious. Called Christy (one of my bridesmaid) crying, and she quickly came to see me.


The only solution was to go to the bridal studio and see the alternative gowns Fiona has set aside for me. To be honest, I knew it wasn't entirely her fault. But it was the carelessness of the bridal studio and that customer. Getting to SS2 was horrible; traffic jam, foul mood and all that. At the bridal studio, I hated almost everything I saw.


Fiona tried her best to find me replacement gowns, but I didn't like any of them. They didn't fit me right and I didn't feel comfortable wearing them. "No, no, no. I don't like any of these," I said, frowning. Christy too, didn't like the alternative gowns. They didn't have the wow factor, the way the lace gown had on me. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier? Why wait until 3 days before the photo shoot to break the news to me?!!" I asked. Before Fiona could answer that question, her colleague intercepted and said, "Aiyo...the bride like that, so how? We also don't want this to happen ma. But already happen, so what to do?"


I even have my face ampoules ready

That "I-don't-give-a-shit reply" enraged me and I told that girl off. Never ruin an apology with an excuse, especially if it's a stupid one. According to Christy, I wasn't even mean to the girls, but Fiona teared up. I had to tell her I wasn't pissed at her, but at the customer and the lack of attention from the bridal studio. After trying more than 10 gowns and rejecting all, I was getting restless and annoyed. This whole thing was a waste of my time. And Christy's time too. All because a selfish bride didn't want to return the dress on time.


Three to four assistants scrambled around the whole shop trying to look for a good enough replacement. They even brought out their brand new gowns for me to try. Usually, new gowns carry an additional surcharge, but they were prepared to waive that for their error. I wasn't impressed with the gowns, new or not. None of them looked like my lace gown and I didn't like the princess cut most of them carried. My lace gown was a mermaid cut.


In the end, I had to settle for a diamante detailed-bridal gown from the new collection. It was no where as nice as the full lace gown I selected, but that was the best of the dresses I've tried. Anyway, I'm just really upset, hence this blogpost.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a sore bitch , full stop.

    But perhaps i'm being too kind today to offer you advices, because i hate to see people like you trawling this world and bitch around like you're entitled to anything, thinking it's right and it's the way things should be.

    Wake up, you're NOT entitled to anything in this world. You've worked hard, slaved hard, spent sleepless nights staying up for something, braved the jam for something, so what? It doesn't mean you're guaranteed to receive anything in this world for return of something you've invested in. The fact that you're not learning this lesson even when you're on the verge of being wedded makes me feel bad for your other half, he must've been going through hard times then, now and in the future for having married a child that you are.

    Again , nobody in this world owes you ANYTHING even if you've paid them EVERYTHING you have. Even to the extremes of if you have saved someone's life, that someone doesn't owe his or her life to you, it's theirs to live because they still keep it. So imagine the simpler situation like someone who is at the bridal house who have made a mistake even though they have received your payment, they can't help it if they don't have the 10 other exact copies of the gown you wanted just because they thought you wanted it very much. If it means so much to you, you might want to pay even more to OWN the gown right there and then to decrease chances of shit happening, but let me remind you again on the point i was making all along here, you couldn't avoid if there's a fire mishap, or if the rats started chewing down the gown, or if a bunch of nieces and nephews started using your gown as the canvas for an art project.

    Do you now get the idea ? Do away with that self righteous sense of entitlement, don't trot around like the air you breathe owes it to you, in fact it's the other way round. Be humble, have compassion, be considerate, have love. That's the only key to happiness.




    ReplyDelete